Do you have a business idea you want to get off the ground?
A website is like a business plan, with the advantage of presenting a visual way to observe how your market will interact with you. When creating a website, you’re forced to think about your company brand, its structure, your products, you prices, your market, how you wish to sell.
Are you wanting to set up a website that allows you the freedom to make changes and contributions on a regular basis? Have you heard that it’s easy but you struggle to sit down and work it all out on your own?
Siteta offers a one-day course that assists you in setting up the framework for your website, so that by the time you go home, you have a live site and the tools to continue building your site and your business from there!
Meet other like-minded small business owners and enjoy a creative, constructive and learner-focused course that centers the content around your needs.
Course entry requirements:
- No technical/coding knowledge required
- Familiarity with using a computer and keyboard
- Familiarity with browsing on the internet
Domain name set-up requirements:
We will discuss with you prior to the course, your current domain name and hosting status:
- Do you already have a domain name and host?
- Do you wish to find and a domain name and host for your business?
- Are you not yet ready to take those steps?
By the end of the day, you will have an understanding of how to match your business needs with a website that suits your brand. You will have understood the technicalities of web-related jargon such as domain names, hosting, SEO and Analytics. You will have sketched a framework for your site and created a website that is live – ready for you to continue to build on your new content.
Arrival: You’re welcome to arrive from 08:30 to give you time for registration and refreshments and to meet the other delegates on the course.
09:00 – 10:00 Introduction to Websites
- Understand the reasons to go online: The benefits of an online presence.
- Visitor needs: what are customers looking for when they browse?
- Get accustomed to web jargon: SEO / Adsense / Adwords / Analytics.
- Bare necessities for web setup: Domain names, hosting, design and build.
10:00 – 10:15 Tea break and questions
10:15 – 12:15 Matching your business needs with your website.
- Define your business needs in relation to your website.
- Sketch out how you will organise information for your visitors.
- Introduction to web templates and CMS (Content Management Systems).
- Explore and familiarise yourself with the WordPress online template.
12:15 – 13:15 Lunch break
13:15 – 15:15 Website Design and Build: Creating Content
- Set up a Static Page and add content.
- Set up a Blog Pages and add content.
- Set up a query form.
- Work with links and menus.
- Work with images (customise images for web using photoshop).
15:15 – 15:30 Tea break and questions
15:30 – 16:30 Editing and sharing your website
- Edit content using the dashboard.
- Change the properties of your web pages.
- Add template tools and gadgets.
- View template coding to edit CSS font / page formats.
- Choose a template design to fit your brand.
- Manage users who will access/edit your website.
- Manage visitors to your site: Comments
Recommended Following Courses:
Once you have spent some time working on your new site to fit your business needs, you will begin to see your search ranking changing on Google. You may wish to understand better how to achieve great search ranking, visitor retention and conversion (visitors buying your product or contacting you). Check the Siteta Website Courses to find the next course to suit your business needs.